Learning Centre – About
Welcome to BC Housing’s online learning platform!
We offer learning opportunities for professionals in the residential construction sector. The site is divided into two sections that have live and self-study learning options to suit your schedule:
- Seminars and Webinars
- Learning on Demand
All Licensed Residential Builders with general contractor status must complete a minimum of 40 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points during their one-year licence term.
BC Housing courses are approved for CPD and are based on the following core competencies:
- Group A: Relevant Enactments (building code), Construction Management and Supervision, Construction Technology, and Customer Service and Home Warranty Insurance.
- Group B: Financial Planning and Budget Management, Legal Issues, Business Planning, Management and Administration, and Business Ethics.
For more education opportunities consult the BC Housing Education Registry. It lists other pre-approved CPD training offered by various education providers.
Sign up for Seminars and Webinars
Once you have created your account, go to “Events” in your user account menu. Here, you will see a list of all events open for registration. Then:
- Click “Register” on the event you want to attend
- Select the ticket type you would like (in-person or online)
- Proceed to payment (we only accept payment by credit card)
- Enter your payment method and hit submit
- You will receive a confirmation email and receipt